Marske Brass Band Est 1875
Marske Brass Band was established in 1875 within the Cleveland Hills Iron stone miners fellowship. Nearly 150 years later we are still supporting the community of East Cleveland at Civic events, Village fetes and Bandstand performances in the seaside town of Saltburn as well as charity performances for the Cheshire homes. The Band has built a new Band room in 2017 replacing our ancient 1914-18 wood hut. Recently we were left £3,000 by a former band Member to build a storage hut so that we can clear the Band Library of instruments, percussion and uniform racks. Thereafter we will use the Library as a teaching room for the Junior Band members. The Junior band is the future, currently with around 16 members from age 9 to 13 also perform their own concerts in public. The planning permission to build the unit is costing £250, such a grant from yourselves would aid the new units build in allowing us to spend the whole of the £3,000 on the Storage Hut.