Tees River Rescue
Tees River Rescue is an independent rescue charity based on the River Tees in the North East of England.
As well as providing search and rescue, we patrol the River at peak times throughout the year and provide education, support and reassurance for river users up and down the 26.7 miles of navigable river.
Tees River Rescue has no paid staff and receives no government funding. As an independent inland lifeboat we aim to be on call 24/7 at the request of emergency services and to provide patrols at key times.
We currently have two boats and 15 volunteers.
Why do we need Tees River Rescue?
- The River Tees is a jewel in the crown of the Tees Valley. Making sure everyone can use the river safely and enjoy it is our primary aim.
- Being able to provide an independent rescue facility alongside Fire & Rescue will help our emergency services and save lives.
- Providing regular patrols helps to provide a visible safety presence and can prevent issues before they arise.
- Providing education on water safety and increasing public awareness of basic self rescue.
- Safety Patrols
- Providing safety patrols at peak times to promote River Safety and educate people on River safety.
- Search during 2022 we will be training in search (funding dependent) and able to provide a search facility to emergency services.
- Rescue during 2022 we will be training in rescue (funding dependent) to be able to rescue those who need it.